COVID-19 Policy Updates
As COVID-19 continues global spread, the doctors and staff at Large Animal Veterinary Services are committed to providing care for all our clients and patients both in the hospital and on the farm. We must all do our part though to minimize risk and possible COVID-19 transmission for clients, staff, and veterinarians during this time.
1) All of our doctors and staff are committed to staying home if ill or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
2) We ask that if you are showing any symptoms of illness, or have recently been exposed to COVID-19, that you either have a healthy, non-exposed friend or family member present for the appointment, or we can treat your horse without you present and communicate with you by phone regarding exam findings and further care.
3) At appointments, we ask that you try to maintain “social distance” of 6 feet from doctors and staff, or wear a mask if distancing isn’t possible.
4) Please limit the number of people at appointments to only what is essential.
5) We are still restricting traffic through the clinic to office staff only. If you have an appointment at the clinic, please call the office at (530) 993-1400 to check in and someone from our staff will come out to receive your horse. Clients may be allowed in for special circumstances, but please be prepared to wear a mask if you are allowed into the building with your animal.
We appreciate your patience during this time as well as your assistance in minimizing risk of exposure for clients and veterinary staff alike.
Large Animal Veterinary Services Medical and Surgical Center
Sierra Valley Large Animal Veterinary Services is a cutting edge, 4 doctor primary care and referral practice located in the Sierra Valley, ~20 miles north of Reno. We offer a full range of in hospital and ambulatory services to insure the continued health and well being of your animals including, but not limited to: sports medicine, reproduction, dentistry, preventative medicine, food animal services, diagnostic imaging, laboratory services, regenerative therapies, internal medicine, and elective and emergency surgery.
Ambulatory services are available in Reno, the North Valleys, Fernley, Susanville, Doyle, Portola, Quincy, Loyalton, Graeagle, Washoe Valley, Truckee and everywhere in between. We offer 24 hour emergency service and care. Call 775-562-1593 for after hours care.