COVID-19 Policy Updates
As COVID-19 continues global spread, the doctors and staff at Large Animal Veterinary Services are committed to providing care for all our clients and patients both in the hospital and on the farm. We must all do our part though to minimize risk and possible COVID-19 transmission for clients, staff, and veterinarians during this time.
1) All of our doctors and staff are committed to staying home if ill or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
2) We ask that if you are showing any symptoms of illness, or have recently been exposed to COVID-19, that you either have a healthy, non-exposed friend or family member present for the appointment, or we can treat your horse without you present and communicate with you by phone regarding exam findings and further care.
3) We have decided to postpone our remaining vaccine clinics for a short time, and limit appointments to urgent appointments and emergencies for at least the next two weeks.
4) Alternatively, if you are unable to wait on vaccines/coggins/etc. for 2 or more weeks, the other option would be for us to treat your horse without you present if the horse is in a stall and easy to catch, or tied up in advance.
5) At appointments, we ask that you try to maintain “social distance” of 6 feet from doctors and staff (if possible).
6) Please limit the number of people at appointments to one horse owner or handler.
7) We are restricting traffic through the clinic to office staff only, so if you have an appointment at the clinic, please stay at your vehicle when you arrive and call the office at (530) 993-1400 to check in. Please tie your horse to the trailer or put in the round pen and we will come and get your horse for the appointment. For portions of the appointment that can be performed outside you are welcome to be present, however clients will be asked to wait in their vehicle if the animal is brought into the hospital for further diagnostics/treatment. We will communicate with you via phone during the appointment as needed.
8) At this time, we are still hopeful that we will be able to host our client education event on April 25th, however we will provide more updates as the date approaches.
We appreciate your patience during this time as well as your assistance in minimizing risk of exposure for clients and veterinary staff alike.
Large Animal Veterinary Services Medical and Surgical Center
Sierra Valley Large Animal Veterinary Services is a cutting edge, 4 doctor primary care and referral practice located in the Sierra Valley, ~20 miles north of Reno. We offer a full range of in hospital and ambulatory services to insure the continued health and well being of your animals including, but not limited to: sports medicine, reproduction, dentistry, preventative medicine, food animal services, diagnostic imaging, laboratory services, regenerative therapies, internal medicine, and elective and emergency surgery.
Ambulatory services are available in Reno, the North Valleys, Fernley, Susanville, Doyle, Portola, Quincy, Loyalton, Graeagle, Washoe Valley, Truckee and everywhere in between. We offer 24 hour emergency service and care. Call 775-562-1593 for after hours care.